About Explore & Develop
Explore & Develop Roseville is conveniently located close to Chatswood, at 388 Eastern Valley Way, Roseville. We provide a safe, caring and educational environment for all children from 6 weeks to 6 years of age. The centre is open Monday to Friday from 7:30am to 6:00pm.
Explore & Develop Roseville aims to encourage children to imagine, explore and learn, all within a nurturing and home like environment. Our program incorporates the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and allows for a wide range of experiences that are based on the interests of the group and the individual child. The EYLF places a specific emphasis on fun, play-based learning and recognises the importance of communication and language (including early literacy and numeracy), social and emotional development, as well as physical development and co-ordination. Our sustainable practices are embedded in everything we do, and we value the use of natural resources.
Together with individual observations of children, we work in partnership with families to build on each child’s interests and developmental needs. Families’ expertise, culture, values and beliefs are respected, and they share in the decision making about their child’s learning and wellbeing. We welcome you and your family to Explore & Develop Roseville.
of Explore & Develop Roseville
Explore & Develop Roseville
Nurserybirth – 2 years
- .Children's learning and development starts at birth and our aim is to provide a safe, clean, nurturing and stimulating environment for the children in our care. The room is divided giving the younger infants and the older infants their own spaces where they feel safe, secure and nurtured. Two beautifully designed cot rooms to ensure a home-like environment. Age appropriate resources, materials and equipment are provided to encourage children to explore and investigate using all their senses.
Toddlers2 – 3 years
- .The spaces in our 2-3 years environment are designed to encourage the children to explore, discover, create and imagine through a play based curriculum. The environment and program is vibrant and flexible and responsive to the interests and abilities of each child. Learning centre’s include puzzles, literacy and numeracy activities, construction activities, creative arts, music and pretend play set ups.
Pre School4 – 5 years
- .This room provides a specially designed preschool program that focuses on both the academic, social and emotional skills of the children. Whilst preparing children for school there is a strong emphasis on developing the children's confidence and independence as well as the necessary skills for starting school and lifelong learning.
- .The areas within the room are organised to allow for easy flow between experiences, creating a sense of order, a feeling of belonging and opportunities for children to make choices, collaborate with others, be active or quiet or find a space where they can think, dream and watch others.
- .Our aim is to resource children with technologies to investigate their environment. There is an active Smart Board and iPads as part of the preschool program to assist in fostering children's language skills, creativity, constructive interactions, thinking and problem solving skills.
- .Our outdoor play space is designed with an emphasis on natural and sustainable areas with specific multi-use and specific play purposes. Our aim is to provide an outdoor play space that invites open-ended interactions, spontaneity, risk-taking, exploration, discovery and connection with nature. Spaces have been created where children can have a relaxing and peaceful experience either alone or together in a group.
0 – 2 years
We appreciate that for most children, our service is the first education and care environment that they encounter. With this in mind, our aim is to foster a welcoming and home-like ambience, where children and their families feel a sense of security and belonging. We believe in working with families to ensure an individual flow of the day so as the rights and dignity of each child are embedded in their everyday routine and our practices.
2 – 3 years
Our toddler environments deliver a high adult to child ratio and a space to explore, discover, create and imagine through play-based learning. The environment and program is vibrant, flexible and responsive to the interests and abilities of each child. It includes foundation literacy and numeracy, construction, creative arts, music and pretend play experiences all designed for active and busy minds and bodies.
3 – 5 years
We believe that the preschool years are a precious and critical stage of human development. We know that children need emotional and social skills appropriate to their stage of life and, through play-based learning, particular emphasis is placed on encouraging the development of the whole child, ensuring that children are confident within themselves to transition to school.
Transitioning to school is more than being about a child’s age. In order for a successful and happy transition to school, children need to have a good grasp of language, motor co-ordination, social and emotional skills and facilitated development of literacy and numeracy confidence. Our educators utilise the Early Years Learning Framework as the foundation of our preschool curriculum.
Explore & Develop Alexandria
Explore & Develop Roseville